I'd been feeling under the weather the past few days and went home sick from work (for the first time ever in my life) on Friday. I had the whole gamut of symptoms: dry, persistent cough; sore throat; body aches; minor headaches and mildly runny nose but wasn't overly concerned until my temperature spiked to 100.5 degrees around 9:30 Friday night. Knowing nothing could be done until morning, I popped a few Tylenol and tried to sleep.
The treatment guidelines for the H1N1 flu are that antiviral treatment should be initiated in pregnant women when cough and/or sore throat is accompanied by a temperature of 100.4 or greater. Unfortunately, that was me! So, I called my clinic Saturday morning, and the on-call doctor phoned-in a prescription of Tamiflu. My wonderful nurse/husband James picked it up ($100 for ten pills!) and I spent most of the day in bed popping Tylenol and sipping orange juice. They didn't want me coming into the clinic for confirmation testing, so we'll never know for sure if I have been a part of the H1N1 epidemic. ..
Now, it's Sunday night and I am feeling better! I haven't had a fever all day and finally have an appetite. I'm still a little nervous about the baby's health but we followed doctor's orders and controlled the fever. Just pray that our little one will arrive perfectly healthy and the rest of the pregnancy is uneventful!
OH NO!!! Glad you got it treated and that you are feeling better. Hopefully now the rest of the pregnancy will be uneventful and baby Ebes will arrive nice and healthy!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lisa! I was a bit nervous for a while there. I looked at the loVe photo with the baby feet. LOVE IT. I'm absolutely going to steal the idea:)
ReplyDeleteOh no! Get plenty of sleep and take care of yourself and the little one! It sounds like you did everything right so I am sure he or she will be just fine! I'll say prayers for you just incase! Love you dear.
ReplyDelete