Thursday, December 17, 2009

33 weeks tomorrow!


First off, let me apologize for my delinquency in updating our blog.  As you know, we've been a bit busy getting settled into our new place.  Well, we are settled and I'm back in blogging mode!

A lot has been going on since my last post.  As for the baby news, we are more prepared for the labor, delivery, post-partum healing and caring for Baby Ebes during his or her first few weeks of life after completing a weekend class entitled "Birth and Parenting".  It was a long but informative two days.  My favorite part was the relaxation techniques accompanied by a massage from my baby daddy:)  James thoroughly enjoyed the videos.  Okay, I'm totally lying about the latter!  He did see bits and pieces through his fingers;)

I had my 32 week appointment Wednesday and all was going "perfectly" according to my Ob, Dr. Princ.  The baby is head-down, which we are VERY excited about, especially, after learning of each little thing that can go wrong if it's not during that class!  The baby's heart beat was a speedy 154 bpm at rest and 167 bpm during kicks.  According to old wives' tales, that means it's a girl!  All of my tests were normal.  My belly is measuring in at 31.5 cm.  It should correlate to how many weeks pregnant I am give or take 2 cm.  I'm feeling great, minus some major hip and back pain after sitting for more than five minutes.  I feel humongous and have a waddle, but I guess that's normal at this stage:)  Check out the belly for yourself...



Baby belly at 32.5 weeks

I'm off to finish baking Christmas goodies.  I'll post pictures of my powdered sugar disaster at a later date!  Miss you all:)

3 comments:

  1. Yea for all the good baby news! Glad to hear everything is going well so far! Bummer about the pain and uncomfortable feeling, but it'll all be worth it!

    Sorry I couldn't be at the shower; I hope you had a great time and got many things you needed. I mailed something to MN in case it didn't get to Grinell in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sarah are you keeping the names a secret? we always used to talk about names and so im dying to know! hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I got your little something in the mail. Thank you! It would have been SO fun to see you. We'll just have to wait until our next visit...

    Kelly, I have been sworn to secrecy by James about the names. Otherwise, you know I would LOVE to talk about them:)

    ReplyDelete