Savannah is doing so many sweet and adorable things lately that I just need to get them written down somewhere, hence the first post in four months. (Yes, I know I was going to do this more frequently. Insert millions of excuses HERE.)
We have the same routine every night. Bath, snack, read on average 3 books 10 times each, give Daddy kisses and go to bed. Now once in her crib, Savvy and I always sing the same two songs "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and "This Little Light of Mine". Then we pray and say good night.
Sounds great doesn't it? Well, I didn't mention how she often decides she doesn't want the snack until we're putting her to bed. For about a month, this worked and she would chow down on a string cheese or two successfully prolonging bed time by 10 minutes. She still gets away with it every once in a while. We can usually tell when she's really hungry or just playing us. After she says, "I hungry, peese," we'll ask what she wants. If she really is hungry, she'll want string chesse. If it's the later, there are a lot of "um's" out of her mouth. Tonight was a great example. James asked what she wanted, and Savannah tilted her head to one side, gave James her most serious face and replied with, "um...ummm....acado?" Hilarious! (acado = avacado in Savvy speak.)
Sav, has a very large vocabulary and speaks quite well for being 19 mo old. She even sings a few songs and "Twinkle, twinkle" is one of them. It goes like this:
"Tinkle, tinkle staaaar. Tinkle, tinkle staaaar. You aaaaare." Then as if accompanied by a little pixie playing the most delicate piano she sings, "Up abup the world so hiiiiigh. Up abup the world so hiiiigh."
One of the funniest moments with our daughter came when she surprised me with lyrics I didn't even know she knew or could even say yet. We were being funny and singing the first few lines of "This Little Light of Mine" very slowly and drawn out in deep voices. Savannah would usually just sing the last word of every line "This little light of mine. I'm going to let it shiiiiine. This little light of miiiiiiine. I'm going to let it shiiiiiine...." Then out of no where, Savannah is her cutest little voice says as fast as she possibly can PERFECTLY, "letitshine. Letitshine. Letitshine." She's still saying it as a joke.
This brings me to my little sweetie pie tonight. As usual I said, "God bless Savannah." Savvy then said, "and bless Daddy?" So, I said, "of course. God bless Daddy." "And Mommy?" "And Ella (her daycare friend)? "
There is no greater love than the love a parent has for a child. Good bless Savannah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
what adorable stories!
ReplyDelete